Sunday, July 16, 2017

Slide Me


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing another animation card I created recently. This one uses the Uchi's Design Happy Birthday Animation Stamp set. I wanted to see how this would work using  the Lawn Fawn Magic Color Slider die set to create the pocket/slider part of the card. 

The Magic Color Slider does work well with the animation stamps, however I am not 100% happy with it on this particular card. Firstly when I die cut the patterned paper to go over the window I cut it so that the slider part had to be on the left hand side of the card rather than the right. The balloons would have been upside down if I tried to turn it around and I didn't want to waste paper for another one. I made another one similar to this with my grandson after making this one (without the patterned paper on the front) and as the slider was on the right for that one it worked a lot better. This one would probably work better for someone who is left handed.


I so love these animation stamps ... as you can see by the two photos above .... when you first look at the card you see a birthday present and then by moving the slider slightly it changes to the Happy Birthday sentiment .... when my grandson saw this sitting on my desk when he was over he said it was the best card he had ever seen .... see I might not love this particular card but he did :)

Of course he had to make one too ... which we did using one of the owls from the Owl Animation Stamp set and he had to decorate it just like mine hehe!

I added a cute bear stamped image to the lower right hand corner of the slider pocket.


For the inside of my card I added another of the bears from the stamp set and also an "bear" sentiment.


Stamps: Happy Birthday Animation Stamps  - Uchi's Design; Beary Special Birthday - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Birthday DP - DCWV
Dies: Magic Color Slider - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; Animation Grid; Foam Tape; Copics


1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Awww - those bears are so cute. Fun card!