Saturday, November 4, 2017

Fall Birthday Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce a new challenge hostess which is Karen Aicken.


“Layer It Up”  Go ahead and pile on the layers for your project this week.



I had originally made this card for another challenge and then when I finished it didn't like it for that challenge, so decided to use it for this challenge.  I guess it could have more layers on it ... but I figured by the time you could all the layers inside and out there were a lot of layers.

For the background of this card I started with Neat & Tangled's Art Deco stamp set which I stamped onto white cardstock using Versamark ink and embossing with white embossing powder. I then masked different sections of the background and sponged on various fall colors of Distress Oxide inks.

I normally would have added the bear and other images to a white panel attached to the card, but doing that would have taken away from the background so I added the images direct to the card. Some are on foam tape and others adhered direct to the card with glue .... so two more types of layering.

I also added a die cut "happy" sentiment to the bottom right hand side of my card.


For the inside of the card I repeated the background panels two more times for the right and left hand sides of my card. 

I used the Katherine Label Pop-up card die set from Karen Burniston to add the pivot arm and label to my card. And added a birthday sentiment to the panel.

Along the bottom edge of the card I added a few more of the images that I used on the front of the card.


Here is one final photo with the card laying down so you can see the pivot arm and all the details on the card, including the two "Happy" sentiments in the centre squares of the background. If you read it, it will say .... Happy Happy Happy Birthday to You.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.




Stamps: Art Deco; Hello Pumpkin - Neat & Tangled; Numbered Balloons - Avery Elle
Paper: White; Orange; Green
Dies: Katherine Label Pop-up - Karen Burniston; Happy Happy Happy Add-On - Lawn Fawn
Inks: Black; Versamark Ink; Wild Honey Distress Oxide; Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide; Peeled Paint Distress Oxide; Antique Line Distress Oxide
Other: White Embossing Powder; Clear Embossing Powder; Foam Tape; Copics

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a cute card for the challenge.

Kelly Booth said...

Love your card Frances just perfect!

jojot said...

that dp is awesome and perfect backdrop to your sweet scene