Saturday, November 18, 2017

Hip Hip Hooray Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Karen Aicken our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge.





As soon as I saw this sketch the first thing I thought about was the Sizzix Triple Circle  Flip-its Card die. I haven't used mine in ages and have been wanting to pull it out to play, so I decide to make it work for the sketch today. It isn't an exact match, but I think it is close enough.

To decorate the front of the card I added presents from a Neat & Tangled stamp set. I also added a strip of card across the middle of the card so it would match the strip in the sketch ... I did add some Nuvo Drops to the ends of mine.




When you "flip" the card open it reveals three different sentiments. The card is probably closer to the sketch when it is pulled completely open as then you have that middle layer. I forgot to take a photo of the card completely open.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.



Stamps: Wild Ones - Neat & Tangled; Tiny Tag Sayings Birthday; Tiny Tag Sayings - Lawn Fawn
Paper: White; Bright Pink; Green; Party Patterns Paper Pad - MFT Stamps; Fairy Tales Paper Pad - Doodlebug Inc.
Dies: Sizzix Triple Circle Flip-its Card; Blue Prints 1 - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Nuvo Apple Green Gloss Crystal Drops; Foam Tape; Copics


4 comments:

Freya said...

Idioms are constantly fascinating and engaging by virtue of their commonplace ramifications yet a couple of idioms are really hard to get it. To know an extensive variety of idioms visit idioms website that offers English idioms amazingly cleared up.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I made a card to the sketch but there is no Mr Linky to add it to the challenge on the challenge blog.

StampOwl said...

Thanks for letting me know about the missing Mr Linky, I have added it to the blog post.

Karen Aicken said...

Great idea to use the Flip-It for the sketch. Love it!