Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Ap-parrot-ly It's Your Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our Paper Pros challenge for January 2018, we are excited to be back this year with our challenges. This month our challenge is again hosted by Me! The theme this month is .... Tag You're It which gives us all the opportunity to play with Karen Burniston's Tag Book Pop-up die set.


I have again decided to use the inner part of the Tag Book Pop-up die set to create a Tag Card Pop-up.

To decorate my card I have used a stamp set from Your Next Stamp which I received for Christmas. I love these cute parrots and the fun sentiments that come with the set.


Here is a look at my card when it is lying open flat on the desk, so you can see the folds of the pop-up part of this tag book pop-up a little easier.


I kept the front of the card fairly simple, die cutting a Wonky Stitched Rectangle for the white rectangle. I stamped the "happy" from Honey Bee Stamps Happiness stamp set in black ink and then stamped the "Birthday To You" onto pink cardstock and embossed in white.

I added the same two parrots that I used on the inside on the corners of my rectangle.

Finally I added Nuvo Jewel Drops in various colors to the white rectangle.

You can see what the other "Paper Pros" created for this challenge on their blogs:



Supplies:

Karen Burniston:




Stamps: Parrot-ise - Your Next Stamp; Happiness - Honey Bee Stamps
Paper: White; Green; Pink; Lemonade Stand Collection Paper Pad - Bo Bunny
Dies: Tag Book Pop-up; Wonky Rectangles; Scallop Stitches - Simon Says Stamp;
Other: Black Ink; VersaMark Ink; White Embossing Powder; Sea Breeze, Lemoncello, Rosewater & Key Lime Nuvo Jewel Drops; Foam Tape; Copics


4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I really REALLY like this - the colours and your colouring just make me happy. I'm new to YNS, but really like the images and dies I have from them. Inspiring card!

jean said...

Hi stamp owl, Ive been subscribed to you for years and LOVe all your cards, can you help me out?? I am trying to make the pop up tag book into a card like you have been doin but I can't seem to get the width of the paper on the left and right sides to work for me or I end up with my tag ends sticking out of the card!!! can you please tell me how wides your colored paper is on both sides and your card size, (I usually make U.S. A2 card size) but if you tell me in metric I can figure that out!! thank you soooo much... just email me at jeanmheming@aol.com I have that parrot and I am going to make your gorgeous card!!

kReN said...

I love this card and would like to know how to use the Tag Book Die to make it. Should I look through other posts to find out how to do it? Kren dot kurts at gmail dot com

jojot said...

such a fun fold and theme