Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Seas the Day


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a beach themed card with you. Down here in Australia we are enjoying our final month of summer, although it will probably be hot for at least another month or so yet. 

For my card today I thought I would play with a new Stamping Bella stamp set I purchased recently. I have purchased a few new stamps which I thought would work well with some of Karen Burniston's new pop-up dies, but I wanted to make something fairly quick to test out my new Gemini die cutting machine. With the amount of die cutting I do I have been having a few issues with my shoulder, so hopefully having an electric one finally will help my shoulder as I won't be having to continually crank that handle. So for today's card  I pulled out MFT Stamps Beach Scene Builder die set to create my card this time around. But I know I will be pulling it out again shortly to use for the reason I purchased them :)

I used Distress Oxide inks to color the sand, the ocean and sky for my card. The Beach Scene Builder die does come with it's own palm tree, but I decided to use the one that came with the stamp set for this card.


Here is a look at the inside of my card. Both the "sea" theme sentiments used on this card are from Honey Bee stamps and the "Happy Birthday" is from Lawn Fawn. I also added a couple more images which came from another Stamping Bella stamp set.


Stamps: The Littles Palm Tree Set; The Littles Sandcastle Set - Stamping Bella; Waves - Print Blocks; Mermaid Song - Honey Bee Stamps; Happy Happy Happy - Lawn Fawn
Paper: White; Black; Yellow
Dies: Beach Scene Builder - MFT Stamps; Stitched Rectangles - Simon Says Stamp
Other: Black Ink; Salty Ocean Distress Oxide; Broken China Distress Oxide; Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide; Scan N Cut; Black Glaze Pen; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh no - a crafting injury! Hope your new machine helps - keep me posted. I have the same issue starting up. Sweet card and I can see why you needed those cute stamps.

jojot said...

you cost me some money with this beach card...had to go look at Stamping Bella and ended up getting two of the sets plus the bkgd....you enabler, you