Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hugs Hexagon Easel Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Easel Card I created using the new Hexagon dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I used the largest hexagon from the Fitted Hexagon die set to create the Easel Card base. The second largest hexagon from the Stitched Hexagons was used to create the layers of this card.

To create the background on both layers I sponged on Spiced Marmalade; Wild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide inks and then spritzed with water using a Distress Sprayer.

Along the bottom of the main panel I added "sand" by die cutting the border die included in the Adventure Edges die set from white cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. I then covered the adhesive with Sand Dunes Silk Microfine Glitter which is available in the new Beach Glitter Palette set.

To decorate my card I used the cacti and gecko from the Cacti Clear Stamp set.


To hold the Easel Card Up I die cut the letters "H U G S" five times from black card stock and once with white cardstock. I colored the white letters using three colors of green markers to match the cacti  in the card. I then added spikes to the letters so they would resemble cacti. Layer the letters on top of each other and adhere to the base of the card.

I also added another cactus to the card base.


Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


And a look at the inside of the base of the card.

Supplies:



3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Fun card - I really like the way you did the letters.

Sam B said...

Really cute card! Love the "sand" - such a clever way to get that look! TFS!

jojot said...

LOVE the shape and the warm rich colors